Saturday, May 30, 2009

South Island...

My apologies in advance... the computer I'm on won't let me save so I can't rotate pics...

Cheers mates!

Lake Tekapo









Lake covered in fog...











Someone wrote this in the snow so I thought I'd pass it on... Hello mum!











I took a hike from my hostel near the lake at about 7:30am (right as it starts to get light). The lake was covered in clouds but up on St. John mountain (by the observatory) I was high enough up above the clouds and the views were spectacular. Pics don't do it justice...










More views - I watched the sun rise over these mountains



















Milford Sound - these aren't in order... and yes... if they'd actually let me steer the boat I'd LOVE to!









Milford Sound - Mt. Metre - at the beginning of the boat tour









View looking west on the Milford Sound trip via bus (heading towards the pass)

No comments: