Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Catching up and pictures

Thought maybe you might like some picture updates and news other than what I'm reading and the different organizations I'm recommending!

Valentine's Day the Yoga Barn (BaliSpirit) hosted a free movie night and played "Moulin Rouge."

Monday last week was my "first day of work" for SOS. We worked primarily on the Orangutan Caring Week here in Ubud.

I'm now working on the education program (for the international schools) as my pet project for SOS while Jane and Dewi and Maria and Widi work on the events and everything. Their main focus is on Orangutan Caring Week which is kicking off this Friday - yay!

I'm making the curriculum plan using some of the information we have from a sister organization as well as our own and prepping the activities. (Dewi and Widi already teach at the Indonesian schools too). On Thursday we will present to a local school called Green School here in Bali.

Side note - what a great opportunity this school would be if I were still a kiddo! Check it out....

http://www.greenschool.org/

I'm very excited about teaching children about the environment and an endangered species and SOS has a lot of great information. We're presenting to kids between kindergarten to high school. COOL stuff.

Here's some pics! Enjoy

Orangutan Mask - kids get to paint these during Orangutan Caring Week



If you want a t-shirt let me know...

Dewi and Widi teaching at a local Bali school - this is an orangutan song with dance! FUN!






















I don't "sit and observe" very well... I had to join in!

No comments: