Friday, October 3, 2008

PIZZA! Did I mention PIZZA???

LOVE the pizza. If you are in Karon Beach you must visit "2gether" which is a GREAT steak and pizza/pasta place. YUM.

I had a vegetarian pizza (I'm craving vegies and am over meat at the moment - or at least the Thai meat) and a Chang beer. YUM. Ate by myself. Eventually the owner came over to say hello and see how the pizza was. They probably have the best around. He stole the pizza cook from another restaurant and paid the guy 3+ times more to keep him. He also has a great steak cook as well. I may have to try the steak! His wife and daughter were there. He's originally from Sweden and eventually moved to Thailand permanently.

For the curious, dinner was 280 baht (200 pizza, 50 baht chang beer, 30 baht water)

So... after dinner I walked around the corner to one of the bars and ordered a bloody mary. YES. You heard me... I'm drinkin' it up. (Did I mention that last night I hit the "Oyster Restaurant" and had a coconut alcohol drink? YUM - and that thing was huge!). Anyways, enjoyed the bloody mary but even more important, the bartender, "We" is his name, was playing Creedence Clearwater Revival. Ahhh a whisper of music from home. I rather enjoyed myself. Hung out and yacked with the bartender and a local aussie who is now a permanent Thai resident. They are Harley fans and are part of the local club. Too bad I'm leaving tomorrow because they invited me to the club BBQ (at the bar). Bummer! Meet local motorcycle enthusiasts! And I'm not even an enthusiast myself! Just enjoy speaking English to people and listening to American (good American) music! (and the bloody mary was 160 baht, water 30 baht...).

Michael and Sherri, I've found the good eats and good drink spots! I'm sure we'll discover others but for now I've at least got us hooked up for the first night! Cheers!

Okay, so I may still have a buzz...

buzz... buzz... I'm off to my room. Gotta get up early. I'm enjoying my happy little buzz and the water's about to kick in (I drank at least a liter!). Gotta run... PPPPPPeace out.
BWWAHHHHHH!!! Heh hehe hee! Burp. Giggle...

No comments: